• Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle

© 2015-2017 THE PILGRIMAGE   |  All Rights Reserved  |  Website Developed by Citisonship Design

April 11, 2016

Kyrgyz in Uzbekistan

Population: 267,000

Primary Religion: Islam (95%)

Known Christians: 5% (13,350)

More than any other Central Asian people, the Kyrgyz have clung to their traditional way of life as nomadic livestock producers. They have also maintained their tribal organization. The basic unit of their society is the "extended family," which consists of between five and fifteen families who have all de...

March 15, 2016

Banyumasan in Indonesia

Population: 8,668,000

Primary Religion: Islam (97%)

Known Christians: 3% (260,040)

The Banyumasan is one of the subgroups of the Jawa people groups, but they have their own cultural variations which differ from other Jawa peoples. The Banyumasan are also called the Jawa Mendhoan. The majority of the Banyumasan are Muslim, however, 80% of them are nominal Muslims and the other 20% a...

March 1, 2016

Char of Afghanistan

Population: 295,000 

Primary Religion: Islam (100%)

Known Christians: 0% (0)

The Char are comprised of four major tribes divided into a further 250 sub-tribes. Never politically united, tribal alliances joined them for protection against invaders. They are known as formidable warriors. For such a large population, little has been recorded about them, leaving them relatively obscure. As...

February 15, 2016

Java of Indonesia

Population: 36,069,000 

Primary Religion: Islam (97.2%)

Known Christians: 2.8% (1,009,932)

The Java inhabit the villages, small towns and cities which stretch south from the North Java Sea to the hills and mountains that span two-thirds of the length of the island of Java. They are not emotionally reserved and in personal communication they can be direct and aggressive. Reading the Qur'a...